Saturday, September 10, 2011

Vintage Saturday

Some of today's treasures. Which one is your favorite?
Today it's been Estate Sale Saturday galore! I think four or five of them before the round was finished! Except from the shopping thrill itself, it's also so much fun to get to see how different people live and how they chose to decorate their home. I make up stories about who has lived where and what they might look like. And then you walk home to your own home, not only with your finds, but also new ideas and inspiration. I found a lovely vintage Givenchy wallet, a silver necklace with little squares and a square vase, a pink little elephant sprinkled with gold and an adorable old angel from Japan that I will find a nice home for. Perhaps I will hang it somewhere in the bedroom? You know I can't get enough of them, and especially the old ones. I'm also crazy for vintage Christmas decorations, and among other things, I got this old reindeer and the little angel resting in a walnut shell. The Christmas decorations from back in the day are so beautiful and detailed in a way I think it's very rare to find now a days. Next Christmas I will try to put up as much vintage Santas and reindeer and angels as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment