Thursday, September 1, 2011

Fruit of the season



I celebrated fall with trying a new recipe of an apple pie, with oatmeal in the crust and brown sugar and cinnamon sprinkled over the apples. Delicious!, if I may say so myself. Apples are very much fall for me. As a kid we used to pick them ourselves and especially on Sunday evenings we would grill them in the open fire place or mom put them in an apple pie. Hers is still one of my absolute favorites. I'll have to ask her to make it for me next time I'm coming home. There is just something really warm and comforting about a mom's apple pie.

5 comments:

  1. This looks like the most delicious apple pie I've seen in my life!! Barely any calories, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becki! You describe your childhood so vividly. It sounds to have been such a warm, comforting and happy time, so tears come into my eyes.I can easily imagine you sitting there, grilling your apple in the open fireplace.
    G-e

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really had a happy childhood. It was almost picture perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwww...that is so sweet!!! Hope I get to taste this deliciousness one of these days :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Promise! Next time you're coming over or next time it's a potluck - apple pie is on me! ;)

    ReplyDelete