Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Missoni craziness

Can't wait to put my baked goods on the amazing plate. And the beautiful vase (the big one to the left) will soon find a place in my home too.
Wow, I guess I misjudged the anticipation for the Target Missoni collection a bit. At earlier Target designer collections, I don't think the interest has been that great. I figured I could just drive by the store sometime today and that would be enough. But when I woke up this morning and went in to facebook to congratulate a friend on his birthday, I saw all these posts about people already standing in line outside the store. And it wasn't even 8am yet! Luckily the Target website opened at the same time and I managed to get some really nice stuff from the home collection. The site crashed several times though, due to the heavy traffic. (Would be fun if that would ever happen to becki-la...) Around noon I went in to the West Hollywood store to see if there were some items left, that got sold out online, and that I might like. EVERYTHING was gone! I overheard a clerk saying people had been camping outside and most things were sold out withing the first 20 minutes. Crazy! So, I left the store empty handed. Or, no, I walked by the food court and got myself a ham and swiss sandwich. The only one left, actually. Suppose, all the early birds got hungry too!

1 comment: