Sunday, September 11, 2011

Old school popcorn & a really good movie

I continued the old school ways with making my own popcorn to yesterday's movie. You know, to pop them in a pan on the stove. I don't even remember when I did that last. But I remember mom of course, standing there in the kitchen and making the biggest pile of popcorn for me and my sister every Saturday. And then microwave popcorn came and no one wanted to eat those boring old popcorn anymore. Now though, I start to crave that old authentic stuff again. I was surprised to even find them at the store. After the first bowl accidentally ended up on the floor, I made a new batch and got to enjoy my "vintage" popcorn with one of the best movies I've seen in a long time - "The kids are all right". I've been wanting to see if for some time but never came around to. A very believable story and great performances. Go pop yourself some popcorn and see it!

4 comments:

  1. THE KIDS ARE All RIGHT = 5 popcorn buckets out of 5! It's a great movie!

    /A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With or without pop corn, this definitely deserves le watch. But since it's so enjoyable I would certainly go with the 5 buckets. You should also watch "Women - If these walls could talk 2" with Sharon Stone, Ellen Degeneres, Chloe Sevigny and Michelle Williams. And irrelevant, last but not least though, the latest films of Almodovar as well as the ones he did after the 90s (my picks: Bad Education, Hot Flesh, All about my mother, Volver, Broken Embraces). xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the great movie suggestions. I've seen "All about my mother" but that's probably the only one so looking forward to checking out the others.xx

    ReplyDelete