Saturday, October 15, 2011

The "Swedest" Thing

Don't worry, I added some more greens. I do eat my vegetables! ;)
Meatballs! Served like this, with potatoes, brown cream sauce and lingonberry jam this is very old school Swedish food. This is what my grandma used to make and my mom and now me.

Here is my recipe for Swedish meatballs:
(approximately 100 meatballs)
2 lb beef (or I use half beef and half pork)
1 large onion
1 egg
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
butter or margarine for frying

Peel and grate the onion. Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and mix them thoroughly with your hands. Roll small round meatballs in the palm of your hand. Fry them in a frying pan until golden brown.

1 comment:

  1. Becki, meatballs are usually served with potatoes, right? Not with pasta and ketchup?

    ReplyDelete