Saturday, October 8, 2011

Country Strong - I'm a city girl with a country heart

With a cowboy in Fort Worth, Texas.

At Southfork Ranch, Dallas, Texas.
My dawn turned into evening and I spent it in my own company. I've never minded that. I even very much need it from time to time. I made a little girl's night out of it, rented a movie I've wanted to see for a long time and tucked myself in bed with a big pile of popcorn. "Country Strong" with Gwyneth Paltrow and Tim McGraw. I didn't think I would like it this much though. I think it was a really good story, emotional and honest. I don't understand the rather tepid reviews at all. But then of course I'm a fan already. A movie about the country music scene in Nashville and Texas, unshaven guys in cowboy hats and boots, that Southern accent when they talk, how can I not like that? To me, there is just something about a cowboy! And I feel right at home there. The big city has always excited me, but perhaps because I grew up in a small town, the Southern hospitality and the simple life they seem to live, really appeals to me too. I want to go back and visit Texas real soon again!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, and thanks for the film tip, cowgirl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good-looking cowboy you have found here!
    B-e

    ReplyDelete