Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Lovely Wednesday


That's us right there :) And some bird?....

At least the latte was really pretty.

Sale, sale!

Yum.

One of my favorite letters..

Apparently I'm not the only one awaiting the arrival!


We had a lovely day in the sun today, mini me and I. He started the day with a long nap so once he woke up again he was well rested and in a good mood and I took advantage of that. I really like going to the Grove with him. It's so stroller friendly with lots of things to look at, people watching, shops, so many interesting food places.. and that it's outdoors is just great. It's so much easier with a baby, or at least mine seems to prefer to be outdoors than in a regular mall or so.
On our way we went to a nearby park and met this cartoon artist who drew our portrait. And then stopped for a cup of coffee at the Farmer's Market. I've wanted to try this coffee shop for some time. I don't know if it's new or not but I recently discovered it among all the other ones. I thought it looked so fresh and European but I didn't quit live up to my expectations, at least not this time. The coffee was bitter and too strong even though I asked for just a single shot of espresso and I chose a double baked croassaint with hazelnuts and it was so very filling I had a hard time finishing it. "E" from Entourage was sitting at a nearby table having lunch by the way, for those of you who are into celebrity spottings.. ;)
After we checked out the sale over at Nordstrom and I fantasized about getting some of all the handbags...or maybe a Marc by Marc Jacobs wallet to go with my Marc by Marc Jacobs bag... (not on sale though). Instead I got a little cute pendant with the letter A and bought it with a Nordstrom gift card I found in my wallet and didn't know I had - yay!
We'll be back soon again, I'm sure. Probably long before "Dylan's candy shop" opens sometimes this fall. (Fun fact: Dylan is the daughter of Ralp Lauren). The area Third and Fairfax really keeps getting better and better. More bars/restaurants have opened up and a huge and super nice Trader Joe's (grocery store) just got here too. So "meet me at Third and Fairfax!";)




1 comment:

  1. Becki, meet you there soon! I also really like the Grove...minus all the tourists and Disneyland feeling. I also like the letter A.

    /A.

    ReplyDelete