Monday, July 2, 2012

The best apple pie?


I'm glad I'm back to baking. I've missed it. During the third trimester I was too tired and the first weeks with the little one everything was just too overwhelming to be able to get anything done in the kitchen. Now when whipping up a cake and baby sleeping in his swing next to me, I feel like super mom :)

Must be at least one of them. You know me, I LOVE a god apple pie. I've always done. From mom's that we used to get on Sunday evenings when growing up, to grandma's to my own with oatmeal or perhaps the one where the crust is like caramel. When I saw the recipe of this one in a Swedish magazine my mom brought with her when coming over, I thought it sounded so delicious. And it didn't disappoint. A crumble crust with melted butter, coconut flakes and lemon peel offers an interesting fresh touch to the traditional crumble pie. Mmmm! It's not short of calories though...think I need a long walk with the stroller after this...

1 comment:

  1. This specific recipe sounds DELICIOUS...a winner, I think!

    ReplyDelete