Thursday, July 12, 2012

Baked comfort

A home that scents like something is baking in the oven is a good home. That's what I think. It's the most comfy feeling when the aroma of the cake or pie or cookies surround the house. I grew up with that and that's how I want my son to grow up. I want him to come home from school to freshly baked cookies and a glass of milk. Like in the movies, I know. But for some reason I feel that no harm can be done in a home that smells of oatmeal cookies or cinnamon buns. Of course I know that isn't true, but if one can create a feeling of at least a little bit of security with something so easy, why not to. I just baked an orange cake with chocolate icing. It's a cake my mom used to make for me. And soon my little mini me will have his mom make it for him.

4 comments:

  1. "Mini me" will be a spoiled little boy I think! The cake looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a fantastic mom, and "mini me" is the cutest expression I have ever heard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much. And yes, it's really cute, isn't it :)

    ReplyDelete