Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Auditioning

Determined, on my way to an audition. Keep your fingers crossed!
I big part of my job means driving to different auditions, all over LA. Dressing up in the way you think the client pictures the role, making yourself look as good as possible, but still pretty natural and most of all fit for the part. And then performing well in front of the camera, of course. Or make sure you take some really great photos if it's for a print job. Today I had two of them. Tomorrow two new ones. Sometimes, if I'm in a good mood, I can really enjoy it. It's fun to come out and meet people and be able to be seen and do a good job. But other times, when you're not feeling as up for it, it can be quite hard to push yourself. I remember I read once, that Stephanie Seymour said she hated auditions. That it's a bunch of girls in a room, just eyeing each other down, comparing lipsticks. I can recognize that feeling too sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment