Thursday, August 18, 2011

...and an even better cake!

Sweets loving me just treated myself to two big pieces of this apple and cinnamon sponge cake. I remember my grandma back home used to make something like this. And now I tried to. It didn't turn out quite the way hers always did. I forgot to peel the apples for one! That's so typical me. I love to bake but sometimes my thoughts are not with me while following the recipe. When I was younger and first started baking, I more than one time forgot the melted butter that I had put away on the stove and had to open the oven and throw it in afterwards! Oh well, I always enjoyed it and the taste of home baked is always something special. So was this one. Perfect or not.

3 comments:

  1. Looks FABULOUS...and I'm sure must taste even better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree. It looks so delicious. I would like to bake a similar one.
    U B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come and sample it with me! ;)

    ReplyDelete