Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Up to the test

Auditioning for Marlboro. I've done two ads for them in the past.

This morning I went to my first audition alone with my baby. It was kind of a big deal to me because before he was born I had in my mind that I would do this all the time, and then he came and I realized it wasn't all that easy. But at this age, he's so much easier to take places, he's getting better and better at entertaining himself and doesn't have to be in mommy's arms all the time. So it went really well, he flirted with the pretty girls and seemed to enjoy himself. And I did too. I thought I would be so stressed out having him with me, I wouldn't be able to concentrate on my audition. But when I stood there in front of the camera, holding up my name tag and doing all that casting stuff, and saw him sitting in his car seat looking at me with his big blue eyes, it reminded me that I can actually just relax. Because it really doesn't matter if I book this job or not, what really matters is right in front of me.

2 comments:

  1. I was really moved when reading what you had written. You seem like a wonderful mommy with a wonderful little son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I really have the most wonderful little boy ❤

    ReplyDelete