Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Welcome to Barbieland

Today I had a callback for a Barbie commercial. It was held at the Mattel head quarters in El Segundo, outside of LA. This is where Barbie and her fabulous world is created and where the print ads and commercials are shot. Must be the dream place to visit for any little girl. And for big girls too! I'm full of memories from when I was younger and my sister and I played for hours and hours in our parent's basement. We had this entire world thought out. Whenever we could, we would disappear into it. It's funny, my ten year old self had no idea I would years later get to visit the home of my favorite doll.

2 comments:

  1. So cool Becki! Mattel also had memorable toys for guys, like the He-Man action figures.

    -A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember those! I think our Barbies used to play with them sometimes. If we were ever short of Ken our friend's big brother had some He-Man figures :)

    ReplyDelete