Friday, January 13, 2012

Pain

It's Friday the 13th today and I'm actually very superstitious so every time I see that day approaching in the calendar I always gasp a bit. But I'm hoping I get to relax today because it seems like my bad luck started a little early. Yesterday evening when going to bed, I was about to clean my face with a facial cleanser that I got from my dermatologist and that I use every morning and night. I love it, it makes the face really clean but without over drying it. It comes in a bottle with a pump and I usually pump out the wished amount in the palm of my hand but last night I somehow managed to get the entire amount splashed right into my right eye. It was this instant pain, one of the worst ones I've ever felt. Like if my eye was on fire and would explode at the same time. I panicked and started crying and had so much pain I couldn't think straight. I tried splashing water into the affected eye but it hurt so much I just wanted to keep it closed. I couldn't even stand up but had to sit down, there on the bathroom floor, crying heavily by now. I thought I would go blind! We have all gotten soap or shampoo in or eyes and it's not a pleasant experience but it's nothing compared to this! Someone told me about getting jalapenos in the eye, perhaps that is a similar experience. The eye got all red of course and after a long time when finally managing to splash it with water and dip my entire eye into a bath of water in the sink, it started to feel better. But even when I woke up this morning it still didn't feel quite like usual. It doesn't burn anymore but it feels so estranged, and it's like the eye is really "tired" and I can't open it quite as much as the left one. I hope it gets better during the day or I might go and have it checked out. So scary! So please, Friday the 13th, be good to me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment