Thursday, August 2, 2012

Motherhood

There it came, the smile I've been waiting for all day. The one that makes everything worth while. All the diaper changes, crying, the hours I spend always being there - for him, not for me. I sat by his crib, read "Itsy bitsy spider", stroke his little head, so small it can almost fit into my palm. Mommy is tired, mommy wants to sleep. Why don't babies do what mommies want? But that smiling face, that sparkle in the big blue eyes looking up on me, he couldn't give anything better back. And that's exactly what mommy will remember when I'll finally put my head on the pillow and leave another full day behind.

1 comment:

  1. Becki, you write so beautifully. I can really visualize your little baby smiling up at you. Must be an amazing feeling.

    ReplyDelete