Saturday, May 21, 2011

My LA

It's never boring in Los Angeles. Perhaps that's a reason why I feel time passes much quicker here, than any other place I've ever been to. "Time flies when you are having fun", that's how we say it in Sweden.
First coming here, I was pretty scared and overwhelmed. I didn't dare to drive (especially not on the freeways!) and everything felt like just one big chunk of city in front of me. Intrigued of course, but lost. Now I've learned that you have to make it Yours, your very own version of the city. It will be a different one for every Angeleno. I love the combination of privacy, but to always be surrounded by people, the excitement for the unknown, but the comfort of your neighborhood. And that there is always something to do, always something new to see. Living here, there is not one day when you have to wake up and be completely at loss about how to spend your day or night. Yesterday evening I went to see some friends in a jazz band perform at the House of Blues on Sunset and ended it with a slice of pizza and a glass of wine over at Farmer's Market, overhearing the happy and buzzed karaoke singers. Tonight - a movie date, perhaps followed by a party in the Hollywood Hills. But first, hoping for an early summer tan at Hermosa Beach.

1 comment: