Monday, May 23, 2011

Good morning! And the memory of a latte in Milan

One summer when I was in Milan modeling, just out of high school, Paula, who lived in the model apartment next door to me, made me my first latte. She was a bit older than I and from Stockholm and someone I was looking up to. I was happy to be sitting there in her kitchen, drinking coffee with her and talking about the crazy modeling world we left our Swedish summer for.
And it looked so easy, just warm the milk and then pour it over the coffee, as Paula explained it! When I came home I made lattes all the time, but for some reason it didn't taste quite the same as it did in Paula's kitchen. The taste of Italy and fashion wasn't in the cup.
Nowadays, I have to have a cup of coffee every morning, Milan Style or not. I don't know if it really wakes me up, or perhaps only the thought of it does. Either way, I'm just not ready to take on my day until I've had my first sip.

4 comments:

  1. Your blog is the highlight of my day. The very first thing I do in the morning is to rush to the computer, switch it on and look for your blog to see what you have written since I last read there. It has everything: beauty, fashion, happiness, nostalgia, depth, yes so many things that are worth thinking about.I love it. Thank you. Bisse

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to have a cup (or three) of latte with you. You're really hot. And seem to have such a warm, charming personality.

    /Secret Admirer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I know exactly what you mean! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANK YOU for all the Love! xo Becki

    ReplyDelete