Sunday, April 7, 2013

MIA & Wedding fun

Me before heading out to the bachelorette party, some Korean barbeque for dinner before continuing to a karaoke bar!, the gift wrapping I did for yesterday's bridal shower and me on my way home Friday night.


I'm sorry I've been missing in action here but I've been a bit low on energy and inspiration this week. Hopefully next week will be a lot better! Anyway, this weekend I've been away on some wedding celebrations - not the actual wedding itself but Friday night on a bachelorette party and yesterday at a bridal shower. I'm learning that weddings are such a big deal here in the US, so much more than what I'm used to in Sweden. This was my very first bridal shower. Since it started at noon I thought it would be a rather casual get together with girls and the bride opening some gifts of lingerie and maybe we play some games and have a drink together. Dressed in skinny green kakhi looking pants, a black flowy top, black strappy shoes with a wodden high heel and a black clutch I got a bit mortified when I noticed almost all the other girls wearing dresses(!).. I would have put on a nice dress too if I would have known the dress bonanza that would greet me, even though I'm probably more of a pants girl... Oh well, I've got the most gorgeous new dress for the wedding that I can't wait to wear :)

2 comments:

  1. Becki, thank you for sharing all of this! I like your choice of outfit! I don't believe you necessarily have to wear a dress, America is so formal sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, me too :) There is just something a bit horrifying when almost "everyone" decided to go with a dress but you...or maybe not.. it makes you stand out.. ;)

    ReplyDelete