Thursday, June 9, 2011

Relaxing theraphy (and an illplaced Mexican restaurant!)

I treated myself to a 50 minute massage at a spa this morning. I just love getting a massage, but who doesn't?! It must be the epitome of relaxation. And I don't think it's really splurging actually, it's more investing in yourself. Making sure YOU feel good is as good investment as any. Just like retail therapy, nice dinners and wine and expensive chocolate can make wonders too! I have to get better at totally committing though. Even when lying there on the massage bed, feeling really at ease, I still can't help but thinking about what to make for dinner tonight, some errands I need to run for the day, perhaps a problem that's bothering me that I can't completely let go of. I guess I will always be that way. This particular massage was a bit unfortunate as well, because apparently there is a Mexican restaurant right underneath the spa and all of a sudden they started playing Mariachi music in the middle of the session! I tried to ignore it and focus on the relaxing tunes in my room, but for someone like me, it was hard. I'm very sensitive to sound. I'm anything but pleased with my own downstairs neighbours, but I can't imagine what the spa must have felt like when the restaurant moved in!! Anyway, I smell really good, this fresh scent of Lavender, and my entire body is so smooth and soft. Perhaps next time I throw a taco lunch in there as well! :))

1 comment:

  1. Mariachi music and massage - ha ha, very funny!!

    ReplyDelete